Work in Progress
The Dorney Parish News (Magazine) appears to have started around October 1887 and copies of the only 1894, 1895 and 1896 issues that we have on file are below:
The Dorney Parish News, in its current format (or akin) was launched in the 1950s under the editorship of T. W. E. Roche (known as Twee).
T.W.E. Roche was a very erudite man and wrote "The Precious Blood. A History of Burnham Abbey 1266-1966" and "A Pineapple for the King", a history of the Palmer family.
He also wrote the script for the Dorney Pageant on the occasion of the opening of the new Village Hall in Dorney Reach in 1970.
(Above history thanks to Charles Cody)
Charles Cody has been editor of Dorney Parish News since January 1968.
A listing of the main issues of the day as covered by the Dorney Parish News is being prepared from November 1959 (earliest copy currently available in current format) to date.
1959 - 1965 (exc 1960 and 1963 at present) items listed below. More years will be added regularly!
Should anybody wish to read one of the actual articles or any specific month please complete the Contact Form and we will get it to you in pdf format.
Bill Dax/Charles Cody