Started in 1972 to provide holidays for underprivileged children run by Dorney
Parish, Eton College and The Diocese of Oxford.
The Centre closed in 2016.
The Old Vicarage is a Grade II listed building. The building is listed under
the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) act 1900 for its special architectural or historic interest.
- Used as a place for various church youth groups who came from around the country for
respite stays and holidays.
- In 1990's four groups of children who were affected by the Chernobyl disaster were
guests at the centre.
- For many years groups from Hackney stayed a week at a time during the summer
- Children from Oxford came to stay during the Easter and Summer holidays organised and
staffed by Oxford University Students.
- The Centre staff also entertained local Senior Citizens by providing lunches and
Colin & Rosemary Morton were Wardens from 1990 to 1998 and have set up a website to
record the history of the Centre and preserve the many memories.
The site is http://www.etondorney.org.uk